Company Name: Chris Coombs Plumbing and Heating Limited (England)
Trading Address: 40 Aylesbury Cres, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 5NW
Registered Business Address: 12 White Ladies Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1PD
Company Number: 8780510
VAT Number: 182162028
Terms & Conditions
- For the purpose of these Terms & Conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) "The Company" shall mean Chris Coombs Plumbing & Heating Ltd.
(b) "The Customer" shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works & supply materials.
The Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
- HOURLY RATE WORK. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer's work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. is non-chargeable.
- Where a written quotation has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the quotation be revised in the following circumstances:
(i) if after submission of the quotation the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the quotation.
(ii) if after submission of the quotation there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if after submission of the quotation it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the quotation was prepared.
(iv) if after submission of the quotation it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the quotation was prepared.
- The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide a quotation to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by quotations given in writing to the Customer & signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any quotations given orally or in which manifest errors occur.)
- Invoices paid late carry a interest rate of 3% above bank base rate. However, this is applied at the sole discretion of the company and is not applied automatically.
- Where the date and / or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of late or non delivery of materials.
The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
- If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure by the Company had the work been carried out and / or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
- If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out. This does not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturers warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed.
The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work that cannot be fully guaranteed, the customer having been informed thus beforehand or where preliminary or follow-up work recommended by the company to be undertaken by the customer has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention. e.g. in relation to pre-existing faults not covered by the agreement.
This does not affect any liability arising from the negligence of the company or its agents or any statutory rights a consumer may have in respect of rejection/damages under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.This does not affect the customer’s statutory rights.
- The company ensures all engineers are Gas Safe Registered under CHRIS COOMBS PLUMBING & HEATING LTD’s Gas Safe Registration Number.
- These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
- We reserve the right to collect unpaid debts using a Debt Collection Agency.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Either call us on 01179399991 (Mobile 07793747012) or write to us at Chris Coombs Plumbing & Heating Ltd, 40, Aylesbury Crescent, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 5NW. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com and we aim to respond within 5 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted Traders i